Friday, January 17, 2014

Theater Whore: Anchorman 2


Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues 8/10

I finally got around to seeing Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues and my god this movie managed to be even funnier than the first one. This movie starts and ends with a shark attack that is funny as hell. I am gonna have to see it again because I was laughing so hard during one joke that something else would be said that I would miss it.


It is hard to write a review about this movie without just quoting lines from it. If you see it you can't be a sensitive person, particularly if you're Black, because there's a scene at a dinner table that is hilarious but full of so much offensive material. But I'm not sensitive so whatever. The movie takes place years after the first and Ron Burgundy and Veronica are now married with a child. She gets promoted and he gets fired and he makes her decided if it will be him or her career. She picks the new job and he loses it leading to divorce.


He gathers his old friends after he is hired by a new station that is airing news 24/7 which is a new thing. Their new boss is played by Meagan Good and she is hot as fuck. She and Ron fight which means she hits him once and he cries. He ends up being successful at his new career, blinded during a skating exhibition, bottle feeding a shark, and fighting in a brawl that includes Liam Neeson, Kanye West, Will Smith, and a bunch of other people I won't name or can't remember. If you thought the battle royal in the first film was insane it has nothing on this one!


Hopefully they don't make another one of these movies. I mean, as much as I loved the first one and this one even more, I don't want it to get to the point where I hear there is a new one and am not excited about it. This is a movie I will have to buy and watch a hundred times like Step Brother's and Tropic Thunder.

Click here for previous Theater Whore.

No comments: