Thursday, September 15, 2011

TV Slut: Phineas and Ferb


Phineas and Ferb is a show that I had vaguely heard of but never watched until a co-worker of mine Throwback (named for his ability to know as many if not more animated theme songs that I do) acted like he would never talk to me again unless I watched it. It’s on The Disney Channel and the world knows I don’t have cable. Do they still call it cable? I watched a few episodes on Youtube and I am happy to say that I laughed out loud while watching this cartoon. This doesn’t happen anymore.

Strange how the last few new cartoons (meaning not related to comic books or animals beating the crap out of each other) have been from Disney. These include Recess and Kim Possible. Don’t judge me. In each episode Phineas comes up with a strange idea to keep from being bored and his step-brother Ferb helps him out. I started with the pilot which featured them making a roller coaster that started in the backyard. Their sister Candace tries to snitch on them but each time their mom looked the scene had changed and she ended up looking crazy. And did I mention that their pet platypus Perry is a spy on the side? Yeah. That happens. I am so late to finding this cartoon but its really funny and if you miss watching cartoons the way I do you should check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't judge you? You advocate judging. I'm going to judge you until the cows come home! I guess I'll check this show out. I always see people with this show's T-shirts on.