Monday, February 8, 2016

Theater Whore: Spotlight


Spotlight 7/10

I finally got a chance to watch Spotlight after hearing about how good it was for so long. It has a huge cast with Mark Ruffalo, Michael Keaton, Rachel McAdams, John Slattery, Stanley Tucci, Liev Schreiber, and Billy Crudup. This is based off of the news team that covered the true events that led to it being publicly known that a lot of Catholic priests were diddling children, not just boys, and covering it all up back in 2001. If shit got too hot they would just transfer them to another location or just pay the victims off. It sucked.


This movie wasn't terrible or anything. I just couldn't relate to the story other than the fact that the church confuses me as well as that amount of faith. I've never been molested. I haven't been inside of a church in over five years that I can recall. I already knew most of what happened that this was based off of so I wasn't shocked by anything that happened. The acting was good. Its a fine movie.

Click here for previous Theater Whore.

No comments: