Thursday, August 9, 2018

The Review: Hardcore Henry



Hardcore Henry 7/10

Hardcore Henry is a super violent movie that is far more complex than I was giving it credit for. I remember seeing the trailer for this a while back and kind of forgot about it. The advertising was not that great and it looked like a fun movie but at the time one of the actors, Sharlto Copley, was on my shit list for a series of bad films he was in. This movie was like watching a live action first person video game which I don't mind since I watch so many games on Youtube. It took a moment for me to get used to the camera movement but it was not even close to as nauseating as something like Cloverfield.


This movie is violent as fuck. Let me get that out the way. The credits for it are more violent and visceral than a movie like John Wick. Knives going through throats, grenades blowing up in faces, and guns into guts. Its nuts. Henry wakes up in a tank and having new parts screwed on. His arm and leg are being put on by a woman that appears to be his wife. Suddenly they are attacked and after battling this crazy asshole with telekinetic powers starts slaughtering folks and Henry and his lay escape in this cool plane escape pod. It crashes and a private military starts attacking until Jimmy, played by Copley, shows up and starts kicking ass. He gets killed quite a few times which is confusing and I thought I knew the explanation why but it turns out I was wrong and the films explanation was better than what I expected.


This movie has an awesome ass ending that I did not think would happen. The movie went a tiny bit too long, by maybe ten minutes or so, but that was just because some fights went on longer than I would have liked. Tim Roth is advertised as being in this but only for a combined time of maybe one minute. One thing I would have liked was for Henry to get a small piece of his true life since everything seemed to be a weird lie on top of lies. This is on Netflix so you should check it out. Oh, the soundtrack is cool as fuck. I need to find out what songs were all on it and get it. Like right now.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: