Tuesday, September 14, 2021

The Review: Vacation Friends


Vacation Friends 8/10


This movie was funny as hell! I had no real plans to check this out but L. had it for us to watch so we decided to watch Vacation Friends. This movie had no right to be as funny and crazy as it was. Just when I figured I knew were the movie was gonna go it didn't and I like that. This couple Marcus and Emily go on vacation to Mexico. Emily's father doesn't think he is good enough for his daughter and Marcus knows it. They get to the resort and the front desk guy lets slip that Marcus is gonna propose. They get to the room and the shit is flooded by this crazy ass couple so Marcus proposes in the lobby. The couple, Ron and Kyla, invite them to stay in their huge ass room. After a night of coke and random sex, boat crashing, shooting guns off heads, jumping off cliffs, cave marriage, and drinking for a week Marcus and Emily head home not wanting to see Ron and Kyla ever again. Not for any bad reasons, just that they consider them vacation friends...and insane.



Now I thought the movie would go to the wedding about to happen and the crazy couple showing up and ruining it and then they make up. I was wrong. Yes, they do show up but nothing went the way I expected which surprised me because movies like this and comedies have a formula that is pretty easy to figure out but this one kept on going in directions that made me crack up laughing. I really enjoyed this movie. It just went a little too long. Like, maybe fifteen minutes longer than it needed to. I would still suggest it to anyone that is on the fence or thought the trailers looked bad. Which they did. This movie is full of cursing and crazy stuff happening so I wouldn't suggest checking it out with kids or anything. It is available to watch on Hulu.

John Cena as Ron

Lil Rel Howery as Marcus Parker

Yvonne Orji as Emily Conway-Parker

Meredith Hagner as Kyla

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: