Sunday, October 9, 2022

The Review: The Outfit


The Outfit 9/10


Hey, this was a real movie! I use that description rarely. But this was something I would've watched in a theater. I didn't even know it existed. Miss Jackie's mama suggested it to me and I checked it out and thoroughly enjoyed it. This cutter (not a tailor!) named Leonard Burling is enjoying a nice, quiet existence making suits. Most of his clients are with the mob but so what? His receptionist Mable starts dating the son of a mob boss who later shows up shot and Leonard is forced at gunpoint to sew him up to stop the bleeding. This leads to the talk of a rat and a tape that was taken from the FBI. This is where my detective skills shine like a turd in the dark because I was accusing everyone left and right of being the rat. This movie had me guessing until the very last scene. This movie was on some The Usual Suspects/Knives Out type shit. It is on Amazon and everyone should be watching this and wanting more movies like this. Small setting, great acting, the look of the movie, the sound was good (didn't have to keep adjusting the volume like a Netflix movie). Damn thing had me applauding by myself in my apartment.

Mark Rylance as Leonard Burling

Johnny Flynn as Francis

Zoey Deutch as Mable Shaun

Dylan O'Brien as Richie Boyle

Simon Russell Beale as Roy Boyle

Nikki Amuka-Bird as Violet LaFontaine

Alan Mehdizadeh as Monk

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: