Friday, November 11, 2022

The Review: Killing Eve


Killing Eve 3/10


I first got into Killing Eve after watching a couple episodes at my friends aunts place. I started watching it from the start and was really digging this show. Then it just kept going...and going...and going. By the time the third season was wrapping up I felt like they were just making episodes to give the cast something to do. Also, the main character began to feel like too much of an asshole for me to enjoy watching. The fourth season debuted and I couldn't even finish the first episode so I read what happened and was glad that I saved those hours and watched Justified instead. Each season got progressively less entertaining and as if it were just spinning its wheels. I should probably describe the show a little bit. Eve is a detective that has an obsession with lady serial killers. She ends up fired and is now part of a secret team hunting who she calls Villanelle. They meet, fight, love one another, husbands are left, people are killed, plans are foiled...whatever. It is very lather, rinse, repeat and I was over it. This was a cat and mouse game where both people were cats. Sucks because this could have ended in two seasons and been fine.

Sandra Oh as Eve Polastri

Jodie Comer as Oksana Astankova/Villanelle

Fiona Shaw as Carolyn Martens

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: