Friday, October 2, 2015

The Review: The Woman In Black


I got to see the movie The Woman In Black starring Daniel Radcliffe with H., Beastman, and B. the other day. I'd heard of the movie and ha a vague idea of what it was about. Thankfully it was not one of those “based on a true story” movies that have no real ending. I hate those. It's always some bendy White girl that does yoga posing weird and screaming while vomiting black goo. I just described my next girlfriend.


This movie is about Radcliffe as Arthur Kipps who is a lawyer heading to this creepy ass small English village which means that everyone there will be creepy and superstitious. He is going there to handle a dead woman's papers and leaves his son and caretaker behind. When he gets there everyone tries to hurry him out but he is stubborn (stupid) and stays to finish the job even though there is an obviously angry ghost haunting the place and making kids kill themselves.


If I were in this movie it would've been five minutes long but Arthur continues to investigate the ghost while attempting to finish his paperwork amongst the dolls coming to life, rocking chairs moving for no goddamn reason, kids offing themselves, the townsfolk wanting him dead and blaming him for the ghost killing kids, and a guy whose method for calming his wife is knocking her out with a drugged napkin. Shit gets intense. The ending is kind of confusion because I'm not sure if it is a good ending or a bad one. I'm gonna go with bad. This was a good movie that didn't go the way I thought it would.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: