Tuesday, July 3, 2018

The Review: Wild Wild Country



Wild Wild Country 9/10

As I watched Wild Wild Country on Netflix I just kept asking myself “How is this gonna go sideways?” I knew that at some point things had to go south because it is a cult and those things never work out well because someone wants to bone down all the money, steal money, or get a taste for the violence. Well, this group known collectively as Osho managed to get all three down in a shocking manner. With the way this started I knew it would go bad but I didn't think it would get so crazy. I'm also pissed that I'd never heard of this group.


The group run by an Indian guru named Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh moved with his followers into this town called Wasco County in Oregon. It starts off small. Just a bunch of hippy looking folks wandering around the town in 1981. They build places to live, buy up a shit ton of land, an airport, and even change the name to Rajneeshpuram. Still, I thought everything was going well. That is until you start to watch footage and interviews with Ma Anand Sheela. The stuff she was saying is the type of shit that makes some people go “Yay!” and others go “We need to watch this mofos...”


I don't wanna spoil too much about this because I would love for people to check this out. When things go bad on this it starts to go bad fast and loud. The cool thing about this is that it is not full of people acting as members. They recorded everything so you see the crazy shit for yourself. They interview people who lived in the town, members of the group, and government officials. It allows you to make up your own mind. Reading interviews with former members afterward was also really fun and enlightening. Check this shit out. Six episodes. Stop watching depressing news.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: