Thursday, January 25, 2024

Documentality: Chowchilla


Chowchilla 7/10


So L. and I watch this documentary on HBO that was originally done on CNN called Chowchilla. This was insane. I had never heard about this case before where a bus full of 26 students and the bus driver were kidnapped. So these kids riding the bus just living their best weird ass Central California life when these guys wearing stockings over their face and holding guns stop the bus. Now the bus driver let them on and all I could think about was that if this ever happened on the public transit that I ride. The bus driver would immediately let anybody on seeing as how they let on screaming, yelling homeless people daily. So these kids get taken for a ride and then they're moved into this underground bunker type thing and next thing you know they hear dirt being shoveled on top of them. These kids started having hallucinations and pretty much losing their minds as you would expect. The bus driver tries to rescue them by lifting this lid and he can't do it but one of the boys is able to. This boy is a true hero this story but what sucks is that the bus driver got all of the credit. Even on this bus driver's Tombstone when he died years later they put that he was a hero.



This situation ended up having courts and the public in general take mental torture and mental abuse more seriously in regards to children and situations that they are in. These people thought that a trip to Disneyland and not taking care of them when they were having nightmares because of what happened to them was going to cure them. If anything almost everybody involved in this documentary grew up with some kind of issues be it drugs or mental disorders or whatever because of their kidnapping. They were only gone for about a day. But that jacked up situation was long enough. Another entirely messed up thing about this was at the three guys who committed this were eventually caught and all three of them are currently old and free. I don't know what I would do if I was in this type of situation and I knew that the person who did this to me was walking around breathing all my free air. I would be so mad I don't know what I would do. One of the guys who was religious as a young boy and is now a pastor ended up meeting with one of them and forgiving him in some way. He a better man than me because there's no way in hell that I would have been able to do that. Again this was on HBO and is one episode about 90 minutes long. This one just left me feeling mad.


Click here for previous Documentality.

No comments: