Sunday, October 4, 2026

Sitting In The Aisle: Your Mother Your Mother Your Mother



Your Mother Your Mother Your Mother 11/10


Spoilers!!! It has been very hot. One place that is not hot is a movie theater so Cam decided to take me to go see this movie. I had seen the trailer for it and it seemed to be a sort of Black John Wick style action film. That is not what this is and I really wish that the trailer could somehow show more of this movie but not at the same time. This was an incredible film. I hate that it has a limited release and is not playing in a lot of theaters because I really do see this movie being far more popular than it currently is.



This is about a father named Latif who is dealing with the death of his wife. This is not a movie where the wife dies and the husband goes looking for vengeance. This is a movie where this man who is obviously very good at killing people has to learn how to balance his religious beliefs, his own personal feelings, as well as raising a teenage daughter, son, and a young baby. They do not show or say how his wife died but whatever happened was very sudden. With Muslim culture it is customary to bury someone quite quickly so even her own brother did not make it to the funeral in time.



The first part of this movie which like I said the trailer made it appear to be this pure action film is this father trying to find a way to feed his baby. I don't mean with trying to find food or Gerber's or something. This man literally needs breast milk for his child because whenever they try to feed it formula it spits it out. He ends up getting milk from a very unlikely source as well as at one point his daughter trying to steal some and being caught. Latif ends up having to take care of a very crazy religious problem while defending someone who is making very questionable pornography. On top of that he's also dealing with a daughter who seems to be questioning their religious faith as well as a son who is religious but also has one foot in the non-religious.



It's hard to describe this movie. Even after seeing it Cam and I had trouble trying to define what genre this was. I would not call this action I would lean more towards drama. There are also some actual funny parts in this as well as scary. This movie does have action and when it happens it sudden and necessary. I could not figure out how this movie was going to end and I absolutely loved the way it did. I'm sure if I was a more emotional person I would have actually started crying. I would love for this movie to get all of the awards and this cast to get all of the praise. Everyone was perfect for their role. The music was beautiful and the way it was shot was incredible and I would love to see more movies from his director. If you have the chance to see this movie please do yourself a huge favor and do it.


Mahershala Ali as Latif

John Cho as Hwan Yoon

Giancarlo Esposito as Abdul Malik

Abubakr Ali as Hatty

Tramell Tillman as Talib

Tiffany Boone as Fugazi

Laith Nakli as Mike Mahmoudi

Adia as Fatiha

Jahleel Kamara as Qadir


Click here for previous Sitting In The Aisle.

No comments: