Wednesday, October 7, 2026

The Review: Cape Fear


Cape Fear 6/10


Spoiler city! It is hard to review this series considering how I felt about the ending. I have seen both versions of Cape Fear in film form and was very interested in seeing this series. Now out of ten episodes I can confidently say that I enjoyed about eight of them. My lady ended up tapping out in episode nine and as I watched the finale I laughed knowing that she was right about what was going to happen and that she would have been very pissed off watching this. This is about a defense attorney named Anna. She's part of this projects that helps free wrongfully convicted criminals. Her husband is named Tom. Tom was the actual prosecutor during this guy named Max Cady trial. Anna was his defense lawyer. As you can see this already seems shady. Max ends up getting released and for some reason we don't know yet Anna seems very upset about this.



Max has been locked away for 17 years for the stabbing death of his pregnant wife. Anna convinced him to take a plea deal and get life imprisonment instead of the death penalty. Later on this lady who ended up killing herself confessed to committing the actual murder which is why Max was released. Anna works for this place that raises funds to help these prisoners and Max makes a surprise appearance and ends up pretty much being the poster child for this program. I am going to try and speed run through this family. A lot of crazy stuff happens in this show.



You have Max Cady who is crazy as all hell. But since we don't know what Anna and her husband did to cause him to go to prison allegedly wrongfully I want Max to win for most of this series. We have the wife Anna who's hiding something and once I found out what she was hiding I just thought “Yeah you should totally be in jail for this.” The husband Tom while he seemed like he was a part of Anna's evil scheme is not. He has his own issues going on. This man is taking drugs, this man is a liar, this man is very close to having an affair on his wife. They have their son Zack who is pretty much shunned by everybody because he shared some photos of a female student. We have the daughter Natalie who at first seems to have no problems until she gets mixed up with this girl who is Max's daughter and begins a lesbian relationship and gets her nipple pierced and starts doing drugs and drinking.



This family is fucked up. The son Zack ends up biting his toe off and swallowing it. The daughter of Max (who I could not stand every time she was on screen) ends up drugging the whole family at one point. Anna hires her a strange father to plant some drugs at Max's house to get him to go to jail. We get to meet Max's family who are completely insane. There's a lot going on in this series and as it went on I kept thinking man we're really getting down to the end of this season and I'm pretty sure there's not going to be a second one because the story is going to wrap up but I have a lot of questions. All of the questions were answered in the finale and it felt very rush to me. Things were happening so quickly that I did not have a chance to feel shocked because while I was processing one piece of new information some other stuff was happening. And as I said my lady was right about the ending of this series.



Through all of the insanity that went on Anna and her entire family survived though at multiple points any one of them would have been taken out and I would not have honestly cared. The fact that Max survived until the end made no sense either. This man started a chunk of his chaos while still in prison and they dumb enough to let him live?! I believe the only victims really were Max's daughter's mom, this poor Black dude who was helping out Anna, and Max's family that he killed. Oh that was another big ass crazy twist. Anna thought that Max had a child with his sister and it turns out that his sister had cut the baby out of Max's wife and was raising him. So when Max killed his boy that he didn't know was his son. He actually did kill his own child. I like this show for the music, the incredible camera angles, and most of the story. This show either needed to waste less time with Anna's daughter to insert a lot of the things I felt were rushed in the finale. I'm not sure if I could suggest this show to people. I'm not saying it was bad or anything but a lot of times a bad ending tends to be what I remember.


Javier Bardem as Max Cady

Amy Adams as Anna Bowden

Patrick Wilson as Tom Bowden

Joe Anders as Zack Bowden

Lily Collias as Natalie Bowden

CCH Pounder as Noa Toussaint

Malia Pyles as Nevaeh Valentine


Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: