Friday, May 9, 2014

Deontay Wilder Makes Me Like Boxing Again


Last year was when I first heard of this boxer named Deontay Wilder aka The Bronze Bomber. Holy shit this guy is entertaining! At the time I found out about him he was already 27-0. He is currently 31-0. What I like about him is that he reminds me of heavyweight boxers from back in the day. He is not being paid by the round. He just goes out there and mangles guys. You hear people say that you never know how good someone is until they are tested into the middle to later rounds. Check out Mike Tyson versus Mitch Greene. Wilder is a throwback to when I would get excited seeing a fighter get into the ring that was over 210lbs.

At the age of 28 Wilder has quite a ways to go. Sadly I can't think of any other heavyweight that is worth a shit for him to fight. Here we have this big monster that only has tomato cans to beat up. And, my god, does he beat them up. You can watch compilations of him knocking out twenty-something of the guys he has fought. That's another thing. All of his fights have been won by knockout. When he puts someone on their ass I just say “Please stay down. Think of your family!” I am looking at Wilder to single-handedly bring back the heavyweight division in boxing. I know that's a lot to put on one man, but damn it, I really want to get back into boxing. Recently he “fought” a guy that was talking shit online. It's pretty damned funny or sad depending on how you look at it.  

1 comment:

Tribute Boxing and Fitness said...

Boxing is really a crucial part of our life.Thanks for this blog. But I love Boxing Classes Melbourne most.