Thursday, March 11, 2021

Documentality: Biggie I Got A Story To Tell



Biggie: I Got A Story To Tell 9/10


I watched this documentary on Netflix called Biggie: I Got A Story To Tell that Cam told me about. It was so damn good. I remember when he first appeared on the scene and the shit was weird. It was this dude that didn't rap like anyone else. Used music I didn't think a rapper would. His flow was original as fuck. When he did I was in high school and was shocked that he was only 24 years old. This documentary features footage by one of his friends and he had a lot of backstage and hang out video that was really cool to watch. Plenty of interviews with friends and family. I learned about who and what influenced him and why he rapped the way he did, sold the drugs he did, and trusted who he trusted. I was surprised that his mother was involved in this and appreciated how honest she was with how she felt about the way he was living his life. This wasn't focused on his death which is what I was afraid that this would be about. It was a great celebration of his life. Check out it. For a Netflix doc it was far classier than it should've been.


Click here for previous Documentality.

No comments: