Friday, November 12, 2021

The Review: Doom Patrol Season 3


Doom Patrol Season Three 1/10


This season was terrible. I loved the first season and the second was riddled with issues. I started watching this and this huge arc from the first season was wrapped up in the first two minutes of this season. I thought it was a dream or illusion but, no, it was real and stupid. I remember when this series had interesting villains and other characters that would randomly pop up. When things would get weird they weren't cool or funny weird. Its like the show was suddenly being done by folks who had heard what the show was like and then they got to make it. This one had uninteresting villains and any extra person that appeared was dull. I seriously straight up could not give a damn about anyone this season.



Remember all that crazy shit with Dorothy and Niles last season? Bump that. All irrelevant. Remember any character growth the characters have had over the last two seasons? Yeah. I do too. Bump that. They are just as stupid as they were the first episode but then it all gets wrapped up nicely by the end of the season. It didn't even feel like a final episode. They spend a lot of time on Rita and her lame ass story. Cyborg gets less Cyborg. Cliff gets into a new giant robot body. Jane...I don't know what the fuck they're doing with her character. It was weird because she looked and sounded like Jane but there was something missing. Larry loses his alien and gives birth to a new one. Who else is there? This new lady shows up who is a time traveler. Dead Boy Detectives appear for what felt like an obvious pilot for their possible series. The Brotherhood of Evil is used and wasted. By episode five I was hate watching this ad then found out there will be another season that I absolutely will not watch.



I have heard that certain things were affected because of Covid which I get and understand. So don't do it. If the reason why this season was so bad was because of Covid then I wish they had just not done this because I was raving about the first season of this and annoyed with the second and d not understand how anyone could have watched this one and been happy. If you were that's cool because you had ten hours of something fun and whatnot. The special effects quality I would have expected in the first season but not the third. The tone was inconsistent. Anything that featured Cyborg talk of the struggles of being a Black hero made me cringe. I was like “Don't use that energy for this show.”

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: