Saturday, September 28, 2024

Curtain Call: Sweeney Todd

 


Sweeney Todd 9/10


Months ago Cam and I went to see this at A Noise Within. I really like this place after being here a couple times. I knew the basic story or at least I thought I did. I knew people being made into food was a part of the story. This is about a guy that returns to London and has revenge and murder on his mind. He is there with this young guy that is super excited about London. Todd is there to get back at some people for the murder of his wife and find his daughter. One day he meets this baker who makes gross sounding dishes and after he kills someone she realizes that dumping the body would be a waste of perfectly good meat and start a successful people pie business.



The way this show was done was great. The kills scenes were super creative and the acting and songs were entertaining except for one person who I will not point out but their voice singing made me squint. This is one of those shows I would watch every year like Kinky Boots.


Click here for previous Curtain Call.

No comments: