So last week L and I watched three movies. I watched one that she had already seen before. Out of all of them this was my favorite one. This is about a dog named Indy. All I knew about this movie was that it was a ghost story told through the perspective of a dog. I had already seen a movie that I really liked that was told through the perspective of a ghost so I was interested on how they were going to do this one. So there's this dude named Todd and we don't even see his face until the end of the movie that has a lung disease. For the longest time I thought he was a drug addict or something. Turns out that's not the case. The movie starts off with him just sitting up on his couch bleeding and this poor dog just staring at him until Todd's sister shows up and he goes to a hospital.
Randomly one night Todd decides that it's a great idea to go to their grandfather's old haunted ass cabin. He gets there and his sister Vera is just like “What are you doing there?” She points out that no dog has ever stayed there longer than two weeks and people do not stay there long. So Indy immediately know something is wrong with this place. He's whimpering and trying to get Todd to listen to him but Todd is going through his own stuff so he's not really paying attention to him. Indy starts seeing the ghost of another dog. He also sees this shadow figure. He saw it at the house when Todd was just bleeding on the couch as well. So Indy starts having dreams, and yes we get to see dog dreams, of this other dog and sees that it has a red bandanna on. Todd gets progressively sicker and more of the spooky stuff keeps happening in the house.
Todd seems to be losing his mind and it appears as though the spirit or whatever of this house is taking over him. At one point Indy gets loose and gets captured and it's confusing because suddenly he's back at the house but chained to the dog house outside in the pouring rain while Todd is going crazy inside. Eventually Indy ends up breaking free and finds the skeleton of that dog that he had had the dreams of. He ends up going upstairs and finding Todd and Todd is petting him and like oh what's wrong and then Todd turns around and his own body is in the bed. Todd's just like well guess I'm dead and starts going down into this tunnel and this muddy spooky creature that we had seen snatches him inside.
Indy is just staring at this hole like he wants to go inside and he ends up just sitting at the bottom of the stairs. The next day Vera shows up crying and tells Indy to come to her and he still deciding whether or not he's going to go into the tunnel with Todd or if he's going to go with Vera and thankfully he ends up going upstairs to Vera. This was a very good movie I would just say it was a little bit confusing because I wasn't quite sure what was wrong with Todd and I believe that the spirit or the monster was supposed to be a manifestation of cancer because his grandfather was exhibiting all of the exact same symptoms as Todd was. Still this was a really cool movie.
Click here for previous The Review.




No comments:
Post a Comment