Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The Review: The Jungle Book


The Jungle Book 7/10

I got around to watching the live action version of The Jungle Book expecting to not enjoy it for some reason. I had it sitting in my Netflix queue just wondering if I would ever get around to watching it. I did and really liked it. It took me a little bit to get used to the way some of the animals looked but once I did I was all in. This is about a kid named Mowgli...I am not going to tell you what The Jungle Book is about, you weirdos. Kid raised by wolves, begins to act a bit too human for animals taste, and is led towards a place where he can be left.


Mowgli is raised by some nice wolves and keeps using trees and running on legs unlike most of the other animals and his wolf mama Raksha played by Lupita Nyong'o has Bagheera played by Ben Kingsley take him away. He gets split up when Shere Khan voiced by Idris Elba chases him away. Now, Khan knows that Mowgli is a “man cub” now but will one day become a man and hunt them. I agree with him. Mowgli is already making ropes and spears. One day he is gonna get sick of eating fruit and want some animal meat.


This movie did use some of the songs from the cartoon from back in the day and also included some things left out but were in the book. I liked the way that they showed there were consequences to actions like when Mowgli, in an attempt to challenge Shere Khan, grabs a flaming stick and runs through the forest like an asshole and sets everything on fire scaring the shit out of all the animals. If you get a chance to check this out you should.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: