Friday, March 10, 2017

The Review: 10 Cloverfield Lane


10 Cloverfield Lane 9/10

There will be some spoilers. It sucks that the fact that this movie had Cloverfield in it kept me from seeing 10 Cloverfield Lane last year. It seems like this came out more than a year ago. This movie did not have shay camera movements that made me wanna close my eyes just to not throw up. It also had an awesome story and the fact that there were pretty much three people carrying this made it that much better. This stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Michelle. She is driving down the road after leaving her fiance behind. While she is driving all of a sudden her car flips off of the road and she wakes up in a basement with an IV in her arm, her leg damaged, oh, and its chained to the damned wall.


This big ass guy named Howard played by John Goodman walks in and tells her that she was hurt and brings her some food. She sharpens her crutch and tries to stab him but he stops her and tells her to calm her shit because there was some kind of huge attack and they are now safe. He says that there may be some nuclear fallout or anything and to not try and escape. She cant anyway because he has the keys and shit is on lock.


He takes her to meet this other guy named Emmett played by John Gallagher Jr who tells Michelle that he fought his way into the bunker after seeing a huge explosion. Howard, to show Michelle that he don't play, shows her two pigs that are dead because of the air outside. She spots his truck and remembers it as the one that ran her off of the road. Everything seems to be sort of normal in a creepy way though you can see some PTSD type shit happening with Howard. Michelle ends up smashing a bottle on his face and getting right to the exit when a car pulls up and a lady rushes out. Michelle wants to let her in even though her face is all fucked. She starts screaming at Michelle and the next thing you know she is back in the basement looking miserable.


This movie had me feeling so back and forth and is the definition of a suspenseful film for me. Just when I thought it was going one way it went another and I thought Howard was this and he turned out to be that then this again then something way worse than I could've imagined. Going in I knew some of the ending so that spoiled a bit for me (I didn't mention it in this review) but I was shocked and surprised. I watched this on Amazon so if you have it you should check it out.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: