Saturday, December 26, 2020

The Review: The Mandalorian Season 2


The Mandalorian Season Two 10/10


I fucking love this show. This will be full of random spoilers. By now everyone knows that I did not grow up as a fan of Star Wars (click here for my first season review full of links) and just within the last month of so watched the latest of the newer films. I know little random things about the universe from YouTube videos that explain stuff which came in helpful for this season since it touches on a lot of stuff that comes from animated shows I didn't watch. I'm kind of glad because while watching this show I didn't have any preconceived ideas of what I thought should or even could happen so everything was a surprise to me.



Watching a lot of reviews and reading some after watching each episode people would get upset saying that the story wasn't moving along as if the knew where it was going. “This episode was too short!” I think the episodes had the perfect amount for what they needed to tell and by the end of the season it all wrapped up without anything feeling loose or forgotten. People also love knowing what is gonna happen way down the line even in regards to who is directing episodes. I don't know who did what until the credits roll and it made me happy every time. Each week I said it was my favorite episode until the following week.



The basic story is that Mando is trying to get The Child/Baby Yoda/Grogu to another Jedi or his own kind. He gets information on where a Jedi is and finds her and she is like “This boy is too in his feelings. I can't train him. Take him to this magic rock so he can find someone else...hopefully.” Her name is Ahsoka Tano and she was bad ass. Over the episodes Mando ends up reconnecting with people from the previous season, good and bad, and working with them. Like Boba Fett! Yeah. I get it now. I know people personally who love that character and I never got it. He was fucking awesome. People wanted him and they got the very best version of him ever done.



I watched all the behind the scenes videos from season one and one for season two (I hope there are more Disney Gallery) and the fact that there was a different director, a lot that never did this type of show or used the technology implemented, makes me like this even more. There are so many shows that have different directors every few episodes and it is very noticeable. Not with this one and I mean that in a good way. They all brought a new flavor and their own style but the story stayed on track. If you had told me that Bryce Dallas Howard directed let alone did an incredible episode each season I would have told you that you were crazy.



I know there are people that will never check this show out because it has space stuff or is Star Wars related. I am not a huge Star Wars fan and am picky with space stuff. This show is great. There is no show like this on television. If you are in doubt watch the first episode. I did and now two seasons in my ass is super happy I did and want more people to watch. This show has great casting, acting, effects, action, stories, and the best music. God, the music on this is good!

Pedro Pascal as The Mandalorian

Amy Sedaris as Peli Motto

Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett

Mercedes Varnado as Koska Reeves

Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan Kryze

Giancarlo Esposito as Moff Gideon

Gina Carano as Cara Dune

Omid Abtahi as Dr. Pershing

Ming-Na Wen as Fennec Shand

Timothy Olyphant as Cobb Vanth

Richard Ayoade as the voice of Q9-0

Carl Weathers as Greef Karga

Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano

Diana Lee Inosanto as Morgan Elsbeth

Bill Burr as Migs Mayfeld

Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: