Sunday, May 9, 2021

The Review: Falcon And The Winter Soldier S1E5-E6


Falcon And The Winter Soldier 9/10


I finished watching this series a few weeks ago but have been so wrapped up in other things like podcasts (click here for those) and other blogs like Cam and I's Chocket Awards (click here for that). This is gonna be short by the way. I just need to knock a bunch of blogs out for my own record keeping right now. This series should not have been as good as it was. Not that Bucky and Falcon weren't cool or whatever in the films, its just that I didn't expect to like this show as much as I did. This show managed to take side characters and make them main players. Introduce new villains and heroes and something in between for future films. Its pretty damn incredible when you think about it. I am also a spoiled little bitch because this was just six episodes and as soon as it ended I wanted to watch a new Marvel show. I am starved for the shit since I wasn't able to get to the theaters last year. I am excited that so far there have been two incredible series featuring characters with not too much screen time.



The action in this was cool. The story was emotional at times which caught me off guard. They tackled topics I did not expect to arise during a show featuring a formerly brain washed old man with a robot arm and a dude with a jet pack and wings. I know there are people that don't dig these movies and shows and think they are silly and whatnot but all I could think about while watching the finale is the fact that there are thousands of little Black kids that not only have a new superhero they can look up to but also get to dress as something new for Halloween. Might seem dumb or small to some but it seriously is pretty fucking cool.

Sebastian Stan as James "Bucky" Barnes/Winter Soldier/White Wolf

Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon/Captain America

Wyatt Russell as John Walker/Captain America/U.S. Agent

Erin Kellyman as Karli Morgenthau

Danny Ramirez as Joaquin Torres

Adepero Oduye as Sarah Wilson

Don Cheadle as James "Rhodey" Rhodes

Daniel Brühl as Helmut Zemo

Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter

Florence Kasumba as Ayo

Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Valentina Allegra de Fontaine

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: