Sunday, February 27, 2022

The Review: Love & Basketball


Love & Basketball 3/10


This movie was boring as hell, y'all. L. told me and I know that this is one of those movies that is supposed to be really good and whatever. I couldn't get into it at all. Maybe its because I don't care about basketball. Maybe its because the movie didn't have any particular sort of style. Maybe because the conflict that was in it seemed so force and blown out of proportion. Either way, meh. Little girl new in town. Boys think she can't play basketball because she lacks a penis. Boy likes girl. They date. In college boy becomes asshole. Boy treats girl like shit. Later girl becomes successful overseas. Boy gets injured playing basketball. Boy engages another woman. Girl upset because she like boy. Girl challenges boy to basketball for her love. Boy wins. Boy decides to play another game. They get married and have daughter. The end. I simplified it but not really. I didn't hate this but I also didn't feel much of anything while watching and it felt long as hell.


Sanaa Lathan as Monica Wright-McCall

Omar Epps as Quincy McCall

Alfre Woodard as Camille Wright

Dennis Haysbert as Zeke McCall

Debbi Morgan as Nona McCall

Harry J. Lennix as Nathan Wright

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: