Sunday, February 27, 2022

The Review: Reacher


Reacher 9/10


I loved this damned show. Years ago I saw the movies and was a fan of the first one but the second was trash. I started reading the books and had trouble getting into them because Tom Cruise looks nothing like the character. I can get past that a lot of times but the dudes size is such an important part of his aura that I would lose focus thinking of an actor to replace him with in my head. When they announced a series was coming and the author asked for ideas for the star of it I wrote a blog post (click here for that) of who I thought could pull it off. Well, they didn't pick who I wanted but they did a damn good job because I can't picture anyone else playing the role now. And thank god they didn't go with a young actor.



The story of this is Reacher arrives in a small town and is arrested before he can even enjoy a slice of pie. Some men were murdered shortly before he arrived and he is blamed for it. What I love is that he knows the law better than everyone around him. People start dropping like flies even when he is in custody so he is sort of off the hook. He begins to uncover some old ass corruption and gets put in eleven levels of danger. What I liked is that you could say “Why doesn't he just leave?” until he has no choice but to stay. I was into this for most of the series. I think the final huge battle got out of hand but this was still a really good show and I'm excited for the next season. Good casting, acting, music (really good!), directing, and writing. Check this out on Amazon. It was out for a week before I even found out it was released.


Alan Ritchson as Jack Reacher

Malcolm Goodwin as Oscar Finlay

Willa Fitzgerald as Roscoe Conklin

Chris Webster as KJ Kliner Sr.

Bruce McGill as Grover Teale

Maria Sten as Frances Neagle

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: