Thursday, February 7, 2019

The Review: Castle Rock Episodes 1-3



Castle Rock Episodes 1-3

I watched the first three episodes of the series Castle Rock on Hulu after weeks of B&H suggesting that I do. Mostly B. since she is in all the love with Bill Skarsgard. I had heard of this show but since I is on Hulu the chances of watching it were very slim. Seriously. I have Amazon and Netflix and the idea of getting a third service is too much for me. So it is cool when friends have a streaming service you don't. This starts off with a guy searching for something and it turns out to be a young boy. He gets found standing on a frozen lake and I was like “This is a whole lot of nope happening.” The story fast forwards to 2 years later and at the Shawshank State Penitentiary. Already I was saying “I know that place! I know Stephen King stuff!” A guard ends up finding this secret area of the prison and there is a guy locked up inside a cage. He is tall as all hell and won't talk to anyone.


The kid that was lost and found is named Henry Deaver is now a lawyer. The guy that was found in the cage only said his name out loud and a guard called him. Henry is from the town of Castle Rock and people stare at him everywhere he goes. Not just because he is like the only Black dude there but because he is known in the town as the killer of his father. Henry goes to his mom's place and she has dementia and a new boyfriend. Shit has changed in the town. Meanwhile the guard while watching the security cameras sees the kid get loose and kill all of the guards. He rushes to go help and it turns out that ain't no one dead! What the who now?! In a flashback scene the former warden tells the kid in the cage that he should as for Henry. Now I am just all kinds of confused. Oh, I forgot to mention that. There was the warden that blew his brains out in the Shawshank Redemption movie and the guy who took his place and locked the kid in the cage tied a noose around his neck and drove off a cliff. The new warden, well, she wants to keep the kid under wraps and the loose lipped guard is not helping matters. Henry heads to the dead wardens wife to get some information and she figures out that he is the kid that killed his father.


Allegedly the kid is the devil and was locked in a cage at the orders of god. Ooh, boy. The kid gets put into a cell with a Neo-Nazi and the dude ends up dying. They do an autopsy and he ended up having all of the cancer in this body. Like, all of it. Oh, and there is this woman named Molly who gets drugs from a street dealer to calm the voices in her head. Turns out that she knew Henry when they were kids and when they connect as adults at first she acts like she barely remembers him but in flashbacks she was all over that boy. Hell, she pulled the oxygen from Henry's father throat and he died and now he is haunting her ass. When they meet again after she is arrested during some drug deal at a house where kids are playing animal court in the dark she admits she remembers him and explains how she can hear and feel what he does. Henry meets up with the kid and they talk through glass on phones and asks him “Do you hear it?” Meanwhile Molly displays her powers on TV and talks about the kid being held in the prison live.


This show seems crazy as fuck and I am gonna keep on watching it with B&H. I always feel weird trying to watch a show or series when I started watching it with other folks. This show is shot well and has great sound editing which whoever works at Netflix needs to take a listen to. I need to know if Henry killed his father. I need to know what the hell is going on with the kid. I need to have all of the answers. I like a good mysterious ass show that doesn't make me feel stupid. Confused, yeah. I am good with that. But I'm pretty sure this show will answer any questions I have by the time it wraps up.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: