Friday, February 8, 2019

The Review: Abducted In Plain Sight



Abducted In Plain Sight - The Fuck?!/10

Holy fucking shit! Jasmine has been telling me to watch this documentary on Netflix called Abducted In Plain Sight for a while now and after more bullying from her I decided to check it out. She had told me some things about it like dick touching by parents and multiple kidnappings but my body was still not ready for the amount of ridiculous shit that happened to this family. This dude named Robert “Bob/B.” Berchtold targeted this family with the hopes of marrying their 12 year old daughter Jan Broberg. I shit you not, I shouted “What?!” so many times while watching this you would've thought I just discovered Lil Jon. So this dude Berchtold has his own wife and family and starts kicking it with the Broberg family. He is super into the daughter and details as much in recordings he made. Crazy assholes always gotta record shit.


This all starts in 1974 so I had to remind myself that I can not watch this with a 2019 mind. Hell, I can't watch it with a 1980's mind. There is also the fact that all this people are part of a community which means a religious community which means that some dark shit happens and it is kept in house. One day Berchtold offered to pick up Jan to take her horseback riding. Next thing you know they don't come home. The family is worried. The dudes wife is worried. Call the cops, right? Nah. They decide to wait. And wait. They finally call the FBI days later and they told her that Jan was kidnapped. The family will not accept this. The agent had to keep telling them. It also turns out that Berchtold had molested and raped other girls before. Berchtold's brother is also in this and that guy seems like the biggest of assholes. I wanted him to fall off his chair and break his dick bones.

So while out with Jan he has some aliens in a box tell her that she has to get pregnant by 16 or else her family is gonna die, her sister will go blind, and the world will end. She finds Berchtold all banged up and he says that he saw a light and now here they are. Nope. He had been drugging her for days and concocted this insane ass story to get her to sleep with him. Eventually she is brought back home but she is not acting the same and wants to marry this nutty fucker.


Oh. Before I forget! He messed around with the mother and father. Both of them. I said BOHFUVEM!!! One day he is rubbing down the moms leg and another day he is asking for relief so the dad ends up giving him the ol' handjob. Gives him that Mississippi Handshake. He even had an affair with the mother after Jan was kidnapped for almost a year! So yeah. Jan gets kidnapped again. He didn't just kidnap her. He moved her to California and enrolled her in a Catholic school. She is brought back and this time she is even worse. She still can not get over this guy and wants to marry him and have his kid to save the world. The whole time I am fighting to not watch this with attack dog eyes. I do not have kids. My friends that have kids, especially daughters, pretty much know that if shit gets weird with some guy that I am available to be weaponized. So watching this and seeing how the family handled this just angered up my blood like you don't even know.

This came out in 2017 but gained traction after being put on Netflix. This is not a series. It is a 90 minute documentary and there is so much information in this that I almost wish it had been perhaps four parts at an hour each. I realized that there was maybe twenty minutes left and there was a lot of shit that needed to be handled. There are interviews with Jan as an adult as well as her sisters and parents. I ended up feeling bad for these people for being ill equipped to handle the level of anarchy that this guy brought into their lives. I won't say what ended up happening to Berchtold but he deserved a way worse fate.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: