Saturday, February 2, 2019

The Review: The Incredibles 2



The Incredibles 2 (3/10)

They released The Incredibles 2 on Netflix and I was super excited to watch it. Then I watched it and felt like “Okay. That was definitely a sequel.” It did not have the same emotional impact on me as the first film had which I loved. It takes something special for me to like a CGI movie these days and the fact that I liked the first one so much surprised me. I went into this not knowing the plot or anything. It starts off right where the previous film left off which I think hurt it. That means that there have been no other adventures as a family fighting crime or character growth. Remember, the first movie came out in 2004. That is fucking fifteen years ago! So the fact that this picks right on up gave me the vibe I get when I see that shows like The Simpson's are still on and nothing has changed in regard to the ages of characters.


After defeating the villain that appears at the end of the first movie the family is arrested and the daughter accidentally reveals her identity to a boy she likes. His brain is erased but it also erases the memory of her. The mom gets hired by a guy whose father loved superheroes and wants them legal again. The father has to stay at home and take care of the kids while his wife has adventures which he is jealous of. A group of heroes from around the globe are brought in. A new villain is using mind control on folks. The son that runs fast is a reckless psychopath. The family discovers that the baby has powers and is super OP. I forgot that they didn't know...because it has been fifteen fucking years. The new villain and the reveal was so not a surprise that I was more surprised by the fact that they waited so long for the reveal. The first movie had a personal story that was fun and had a connection. This money just felt like a cash grab. In the end no one learned anything and they could make another one in 2030 that picks up where this one left off. The voices were done well. It looked good. But the story was just weak and it felt too long.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: