Sunday, November 12, 2023

The Review: Fast X


Fast X 3/10


So I finally got to watch the last Fast and Furious film called Fast X. I should not have. I know that these films have gotten crazier over the years where they started off stealing DVD players and they reached the point where they're flying off into space. But this movie there was so much stuff that happened that I just could not believe. I'm not talking about actors and actresses coming back from the dead. I'm not talking about Dominic being able to lift a car with one arm. I'm not talking about cars dropping from helicopters and landing on the road and being able to drive perfectly fine. My main complaint which is funny because he was the best part of the movie was the villain Dante. He did not fit in this movie at all. His character should be in something else like Smokin' Aces but in this film his humor and the way he behaved made everyone else that was acting tough and hard seem like cartoon characters. The basic premise of this movie is about family. It's always about family. This evil villain Dante was the son of that dude in Brazil that was killed a few movies back. It turns out that Dante was always insane and this just pushed him over the edge and now he's trying to take out Dominic's family. I don't really have all that much more to say about this because it really was just a lot of action for the sake of action and the movie felt very long because it was over two hours. The twist and turns and everything annoyed me and then the ending really bothered me because they are setting up for another film and I honestly thought that this was the last one. I know it sounds stupid but after ten films I think I'm done.


    Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto

    Michelle Rodriguez as Letty Ortiz

    Tyrese Gibson as Roman Pearce

    Chris "Ludacris" Bridges as Tej Parker

    John Cena as Jakob Toretto

    Nathalie Emmanuel as Ramsey

    Jordana Brewster as Mia Toretto

    Sung Kang as Han Lue

    Scott Eastwood as Little Nobody

    Alan Ritchson as Aimes

    Helen Mirren as Magdalene "Queenie" Ellmanson-Shaw

    Brie Larson as Tess

    Rita Moreno as Abuelita Toretto

    Jason Statham as Deckard Shaw

    Jason Momoa as Dante Reyes

    Charlize Theron as Cipher


Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: