Sunday, November 19, 2023

The Review: Blue Beetle


Blue Beetle 2/10


This movie was not made for me in any sense. I couldn't relate to a single character or any part of the story. It just happened. This kid comes home from college and his family is being pushed out the neighborhood, losing their home, and are very Spanish. They are Spanish like in 80's film where you watch it now and it just makes you uncomfortable. A scarab attaches itself to him (not sure why) and madness ensues. I couldn't take anything seriously because there was a bad joke just peeping over the shoulder. I even chuckled when the spirit of the grandfather got dusted Thanos style. The villains were like 90's style and cartoonish as hell. Yeah, I know this is a superhero film and that is allowed, but it just felt so lazy to write them like that. It felt like whoever created this was in way over their heads. The more of these movies I am watching the more I realize that I am aging out of them. They are also becoming so specific for who they are for that I feel like I'm trespassing.


Xolo Maridueña as Jaime Reyes/Blue Beetle

Belissa Escobedo as Milagro Reyes

Bruna Marquezine as Jenny Kord

Raoul Max Trujillo as Ignacio Carapax

Susan Sarandon as Victoria Kord

George Lopez as Rudy Reyes

Harvey Guillén as Dr. Jose Francisco Morales Rivera de la Cruz

Becky G as the voice of Khaji-Da


Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: