Saturday, January 18, 2014

Stop It Madonna


You know that thing that people do now when they fuck up huge and instead of just saying that they made a mistake and are ignorant as fuck they go on the offensive? I was just talking to my friend about this. No one wants to admit they loss or made a mistake. This time it was Madonna. This crazy old lady has been on a downward spiral for over ten years now and it is culminating with her use of the n-word to describe her son, Rocco.


After she said this bullshit she got pissed that people were getting upset by it by saying “Ok let me start this again. #get off of my dick haters!” This is a 55 year old woman saying this to people who are understandably upset by what she posted to millions of people. I'm not saying that she shouldn't support her son. But did she really need to refer to her not Black son as “disnigga”? No. She didn't. Then she did the thing people do now. They rage against people raging at them, their people get to them (meaning sponsors and such), and then they have an epiphany.

I am sorry if I offended anyone with my use of the N-word on Instagram. It was not meant as a racial slur. I am not a racist. There's no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention. It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white. I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me.” 

This is what I pictured her looking like saying that statement.

You may not be a racist, you just use language that racists and ignorant people use. My opinion on this woman whether or not she is forgiven makes no difference to me. I haven't heard any good music out of her since I was a child. But she knew what she was saying and doing. She just didn't get the reaction that she wanted. She wants to be that White person that can get away with dropping n-bombs.

People that aren't Black that want to be cool or relate to them think that using the n-word is the ultimate sign of acceptance from Black people. I'm not sure if she or these people who believe this know it, but not all Black people know or agree with each other. Your friend who is Black may be totally cool with you using that kinda language but me and millions of other don't.

But dem 1980's lips tho...

Are you free to use the n-word? Of course. You can say whatever you want as long as you have a voice. But what you aren't free from is the reaction that people have to your bullshit comments. She is supposed to perform at the Grammy's very soon. It'll be interesting to see how people react to her. Hopefully a shower of boos.

Click here for previous Stop It Posts

No comments: