Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Review: Interstellar


I finally watched Interstellar starring Matthew McConaughey and I'll be damned if I didn't really enjoy it. For some reason I was expecting not to. I think I thought it was gonna be like Gravity and be more about the way it looked and not the story. This is one of those movies that I wish I had seen in theaters because on my 32 inch television what I saw impressed me. McConaughey stars as Joe Cooper. He is a former NASA pilot now working on a farm raising his kids along with his father-in-law.


These dust storms around the word keep getting worse and there seems to be nothing to do about it. There is also the issue of his daughter and a “ghost” in her room that keeps knocking books off the shelf. They figure out that the books are making a code so they follow it and end up at a secret base with guns in their faces. Next thing you know his ass is on a ship with Anne Hathaway and a crew looking for a new planet for humanity. Michael Caine has been doing research and secretly sending other astronauts to other planets to find which ones are good for humanity. Plan B. involves sending human embryos and hoping for the best.


Along the way they end up on a planet where an hour there equals seven Earth years. You can imagine how his daughter feels about this. He freaks the fuck out as he should when the end up on the planet for hours longer than planned meaning he has lost 23 years of his son and daughters lives. I don't want to spoil anything else about this movie. I am surprised that I managed to not know how this ended of who was even in it considering how big of a movie it was. Its definitely worth checking out if you have not seen it. If not for the great acting then for the amazing visuals in it.

Click here for previous The Review

No comments: