Monday, January 25, 2016

Stop It Stacey Dash


Stacey Dash is one of those people that I like to look at but have no real need to hear her speak. I try to avoid it but sometimes things reach through the air like a physical fart and assault me. All I know about Dash is she looks great for her age, was hot in Clueless, sounds uglier than she actually is, been married and divorced three times in ten years, and tends to say silly shit that garners my attention. Don't ask me what work she has done the last couple of decades because I can't tell you. She's hot (absolutely do not agree with her new hairstyle) but says stuff that an ugly chick would get chased for.

We have to make up our minds. Either we want to have segregation or integration, and if we don't want segregation, then we have to get rid of channels like BET and the BET Awards and the Image Awards, where you're only awarded if you're black. If it were the other way around, we'd be up in arms. It's a double standard. There shouldn't be a black history month. We're Americans, period. Somebody better tell her that Iggy Azalea was nominated for an award. She isn't Black so...yeah. Oh. And Macklemore.


People have been ripping this woman apart online for the stuff she has been saying on Fox News which automatically makes her an enemy in a lot of folks minds. Honestly, the only time I watch it is when people put together compilations of hot women doing news in short skirts. Otherwise its like The Onion but dead serious.

Ever since I said THIS (quote above) on Fox yesterday, Black Entertainment Television has been throwing shade. They reminded me - and the rest of America - that I appeared on a show called The Game, which appeared on BET. Well, here's the thing. Thank you for reminding me, since most people have never heard of that show. Why? It's on BET. Quick. Name the top shows on BET. Drawing a blank? I think I've made my point.

Funny. The only show I know from that channel is the one she was on. I have never watched it but knew people that did. I have moments when I kind of agree with what she is saying. Then I realize that I am a 37 year old guy and my biggest worry is eating, paying rent, getting my dick touched, or shot by police because I had the nerve to leave my house. I don't have to drink from different fountains or make sure I have my copy of The Green Book on hand at all times. I have the luxury of saying silly shit like “We don't need Black award shows.” Then you look at the amount of Black people that have gotten awards like the Oscars and it is a scary small list. Hell. Denzel Washington is on that short list and he won twice.

Her cousin Damon Dash seems to think she is trolling saying “I think Fox pays her to say that shit. I know how Fox is. You know how manipulative they are. I think they wanted her to do something that would invoke conversation and she did it. I'm quite sure it wasn't done for free.” He continued. “She didn't have to say it like that, or there. I would have way preferred, if she had that opinion, to say it on BET, or have a conversation with someone black and let someone black have a conversation back with her, as opposed to some white man nodding his head.”

But what if she wasn't paid? Then she is just like most of us with wild ass opinions. She just has the option of having millions of people hear her dumb shit. We all have someone in our lives that say things that make you go “Oh, no...no...stop. You're making me look bad.” I'm sure I'm that person for some. But I don't want Dash dead or anything. Just to stop it. Stop saying dumb shit. And the thing is, she only goes after other Black people. That last time she got attention was saying “shit” on the air when criticizing Obama. In about a month or two she'll say something else but I won't write about it. I'll just look at pictures of her when she was nude in Playboy.


Click here for previous Stop It Posts

No comments: