Friday, March 20, 2020

The Review: Jay And Silent Bob Reboot



Jay And Silent Bob Reboot 5/10

This movie was fine. I watched Jay And Silent Bob Reboot on Amazon the other night and could not figure out all that much to say about it. I have seen every film by Kevin Smith for better or for worse. I used to have a comic he autographed back in the day someone got for me and he allegedly laughed because of my name. Over the years I have liked the films he has made less and less and I'm not sure if it is just because I can no longer relate. Clerks wasn't funny to me until I worked behind a register and I doubt I will have the feelings I know I should've while watching this because I don't have a kid and absolutely have zero desire to create one. Shockingly the guy known as making movies about dick and fart jokes has matured far more than I ever could.


This is about Jay finding out that he has a daughter and being pretty much kidnapped by this daughter who does not know he is the father and going to a convention in California. Jay and Silent Bob also want to go to stop the movie from being made just as they did in Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back. I remember seeing that in theaters and laughing like an idiot. Laughed even more once I worked in post production. If you have not seen most of his films this one may make close to no sense. Every single film he has done is mentioned and characters return that have not been seen in a decade or two. The ending was ridiculous but its not like I was expecting something else. I was shocked by how good Ben Affleck was in this. Not that he is a bad actor because he isn't. I just hadn't seen him that damn good in a long time. This was a decent ending to these characters but after watching I saw that another Clerks was being made and just sighed.

Jason Mewes as Jay
Kevin Smith as Silent Bob and Himself

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: