Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Documentality: The Lady And The Dale



The Lady And The Dale 8/10


I decided to watch this four part docu-series The Last And The Dale just because I saw the car in the poster and knew it from when I was a kid. It was this weird ass three wheeled car so I thought “Oh, this is about some woman that made it or something.” Holy shit. It was about so much more than that. As soon as I started watching my Spider Sense started tingling when Elizabeth Carmichael showed up. I won't spoil this series because I want people to go into it blind. That's what I did and what I have been telling people to do. This is about the car, the life of a criminal, gender issues, the law, family, and prison. Just so much stuff! I liked that Carmichael was a criminal but also a loving parent and both sides of that were shown. This wasn't like some series where the family is involved so it paints the person as a victim and ignores all the wrong they did. This one was like “Yeah, you all may have loved and cared for her but she is a thief and criminal!” I would have rated this even higher but the use of animated cut outs too often would yank me out of the story. Check this out on HBO Max.


Click here for previous Documentality.

No comments: