Sunday, November 18, 2018

The Review: Ash Vs Evil Dead Season 3



Ash Vs. Evil Dead Season Three 6/10

My best friend Cam accidentally got Starz and by accident I mean that Amazon is up to some sneaky nonsense and everyone should check their accounts. I saw that they had Ash Vs. Evil Dead on there and it took me a week to notice that they had all three seasons. I loved season one. Loved season two. Season three...not so much. It felt like they were trying to do too much with the small amount of time they have. Most shows have twenty episodes or more person season and forty some odd minutes with commercials and such. This show is half an hour each and ten episodes.


This season picks up from last season and Ash decides to open up a new hardware/sex toy shop while Pablo has a food stand outside. One day a lady shows up and tells Ash that he has a daughter named Brandy and he is married to her. Yeah. He totally forgot and remembers through a funny series of flashbacks. They find Brandy and her possessed friend and kill her but not before Ash's wife is killed too. They escape but Brandy is freaked out by all this crazy shit. Kelly shows up with this guy who is from a group of people called Knights of Sumeria. This group who has never been seen or heard of have been fighting evil and worship Ash as a savior.


This season was fun and had some really good parts but by the time it started to wrap up I couldn't see how it could end in a way that made me feel good about it. It felt like they were lost in where to go with the characters. And that is kinda what happened. After Ash fights this demon the size of a skyscraper with a tank (a sentence that I never thought I'd write) he is rescued by those knights and wakes up in the future. I was like “What the fuck am I watching right now?” I read afterward that the show is done and I can't be mad about it. I don't want to see Ash in the future fighting. The story got way too big. When you have the military involved shit is out of control and time travel is one of the laziest ways to end a story. Check this out if you want. It has some good parts but by the last episode it felt like a whole 'nother show.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: