Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Review: Collateral



Collateral 3/10

I watched this series on Netflix called Collateral. There are over twenty characters which would be fine if there were 1 episodes or something. But there are four. In four episodes they have to squeeze in all these people, their stories, their history, and do some detecting at the same time. It did not work. The basic story is that a pizza boy gets shot after delivering pizza and the next thing you know there is this giant web of deceit. I shit you not, I can barely even recall what was trying to be stopped. I thought maybe some drug thing. But then there is a soldier with PTSD that ends up raped by a commanding officer. A pregnant cop played by Carey Mulligan. A partner that yells at her. A detention camp. A baby birth. Some bad dudes killing potential witnesses. A priest that is gay and harboring a Vietnamese woman that she is in love with. An alcoholic drug using mother played by Billie Piper. By the way, all these people are connected in some way. Its pretty ridiculous.


I could not recommend this show to anyone. There was nothing that stood out about it. The story was bland. The acting was okay-ish. There was just so much this tried to do in a small amount of time. Hell, I think even if they did this twice as long it would not have been enough time to cover all the shit that they were throwing at me. Dead serious. I just finished watching this and can not tell you how it ended exactly. But I am happy to discover Piper's face. She's my type. Discovered I had a type last year!

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: