Saturday, December 31, 2016

Best Movies Of 2016


This is a list of my twelve favorite movies of 2016. It started off really rough with good films being few and far between but started to pick up towards the end of the year. While quite a few of these are blockbuster superhero films there were some really good small films that came out this year that you should check out. I ended up seeing close to 40 new movies which sounds like a lot but I usually see closer to 70. If you disagree with this list go get a hobby. 


"I got to see La La Land with Cam at the Arclight over on Sunset and I have to say that this movie made me all kinds of happy! Just pure happy! This is why movies are made and why I go to see them. I love when a movie makes me feel something strongly whether its joy, excitement, or laughter."


"I had no idea that this movie was going to be as great as it was. It didn't have explosions or a super complicated murder mystery aspect to it. It was a well directed, written, and acted film. I can't even point to one particular actor or actress because everyone was so damned good. It didn't feel fake."


"This was such a fun movie to watch and I know I'll be watching it a few more times. I know this movie made a shit ton of money but so do many other animated movies. It takes a lot for me to check out one of these films these days and I am glad I watched this one."


"This documentary is about a food critic named Jonathon Gold and his story of living in Los Angeles and the food he enjoys and his writing process. I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did and I liked it for multiple reasons. Watching all the damned good food was nice. Listening to how respected this normal looking guy and how his readers and family relate to him was good as well. Its so weird to think that a guy writing about food could have such an effect on people."


"I expected to love this movie if it was close to what the trailer showed. It was way more than that. Its not just dick jokes. Their are ass jokes too. This movie is very violent, has nudity, and a guy getting pegged. If you don't know what that is don't check. You're okay not knowing."


"Its hard to describe quite what this movie is about. It starts at one place that you think is the beginning, moves to a spot that may be the end, but then the ending is around the actual middle of time. Its confusing but still worked well."


"No complaints! I have none regarding this movie. There will be some spoilers. I got back from seeing Captain America Civil War and am already planning to watch it at least one more time in theaters."

"There is so much more I want to say about this movie but I can't without ruining it and the best thing about this movie was that I had no idea what was going to happen next or how it'd end. The acting was great and I can not imagine anyone else playing these roles. I enjoyed the music, the silent parts, and how so much was said by the characters facial expressions."


"This movie was amazing. The music, the acting, and the way it was shot was really good. There were scenes I related to personally and through people I grew up with."


"The acting in this was amazing. I was clawing at my seat throughout most of this movie just waiting for a cover to be blown or for danger to reach Mazur's home. I loved the outfits in this and how the clothes didn't look like costumes as this takes place in the early 80's. The music was cool too and had me wondering when I could get the soundtrack."


"This movie had no right to be as good as it was. I'm not saying I expected it to be bad because I am a fan of Antoine Fuqua and have seen Training Day over 50 times but damn this was a really entertaining movie. With such a large cast everyone got the right amount of time to get their personal stories across and even the ones that didn't get a super deep one were still great."


"I am glad that this movie was made. I wasn't so sure about it before but it fits right into the Marvel cinematic universe. Make sure to stay through the credits for some extra scenes as well. Not bullshit ones either. Oh, and before I forget. His cape made me laugh harder than any comedy in the last three years. Yes. His cape."

No comments: