Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The Review: Zootopia


Zootopia 10/10

I watched Zootopia and this was one of the cutest damned movies I've seen in a long time. My grown ass was sitting here going “Aww...” a few times while watching. I'm not ashamed to admit it. This is about a bunny named Judy Hopps that wants to be a police officer when she was little and everyone straight out laughed at her. Her own parents are even tell her that its never happened before and she should just stay on the farm with them and her 200-something siblings. While protecting a sheep and another rabbit from a fox he knocks her down and scratches her face to remind her that his kind used to hunt hers. I was like “Oh,no he didn't just scratch this bunny! STOP SCRATCHING THAT BUNNY!


She eventually goes to the police academy where she is constantly reminded through physical activities that she can easily be killed in the line of duty in the city of Zootopia. Its where all the animals live together. Chief Bogo ends up making her a meter maid where she slaps over 200 tickets on cars in a few hours. She ends up spotting a fox heading into a ice cream parlor and instantly thinks he is a criminal because, well...fox. His name is Nick Wilde and he is being denied service by the elephants and has to apologize to his young son. Judy stands up for him and he and his son leave with a big ass popsicle. Turns out Nick and his “son” are melting it down to make tiny popsicles that they sell and his son is a grown ass fox that just looks young. She manages to blackmail Nick into helping her solve a case.


Animals, particularly former predators, have been going “savage.” Meaning they are acting the way animals used to act. They start tracking down the cause of these savage animals and who is behind it all and for what reasons. There is an actual good detective story in this damned kids film. There are also a lot of messages about people and their past and how we see one another based on their past and where they came from.

How people look next to me on the bus.

There is also a sloth named Flash that made me crack up laughing an have to rewind the film a few times just to watch this damned thing smile and laugh after a joke. This damned thing hit me right at the correct spot to make me lose it laughing and I am glad that I did not watch this in theaters because I would have had to leave because I was scaring the children and making the adults nervous.


This was such a fun movie to watch and I know I'll be watching it a few more times. I know this movie made a shit ton of money but so do many other animated movies. It takes a lot for me to check out one of these films these days and I am glad I watched this one.

Click here for previous The Review.

No comments: