Friday, April 21, 2017

Theater Whore: Free Fire


Free Fire 9/10

There will be some spoilers. The new movie Free Fire was what I wanted and more. I saw the trailer for this last year and wondered where the hell it went. Well, it came out today and I used an AMC gift card I got for my birthday last month to head on over to the Century City AMC. I had not seen a movie here in years and they have really improved it. In the trailer its just a warehouse full of people shooting at each other. Guess what? That is a large portion of this movie. Just a bunch of folks shooting at each other. After almost 25 minutes of trailers the movie started. I shit you not. There were that many trailers and I could probably tell you about two of the ones I saw.


These two guys named Stevo and Bernie are heading to meet up with some IRA guys named Chris and Frank played by Cillian Murphy and Michael Smiley. They are there with Justine played by Brie Larson. They are there to buy some guns. Its a simple job. Ord played by Armie Hammer shows up. I have to say that by far this guy was my favorite character in this movie. Everyone has something unlikable about them, including him, but he was so damned intriguing. Every time he opened his mouth I laughed. I wont say what gets the shooting started but it was very justified to me. And watching people that are shot get upset when their hand goes into glass it funny as hell to me.


This movie had twists and shit that I was not expecting in this. The clothing, the music, dialogue, the acting, and the look of the movie were all great. The only reason I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 is because as much as I liked this movie I could not imagine buying it. When I give a movie a 10 I tend to purchase it as soon as possible and just keep watching it over and over. I do plan on buying the soundtrack though. I looked at who was originally cast in certain roles of this and I am so glad they did other not as good films. Larson, Sharlto Copley, Murphy, and Hammer were the most entertaining. Not to shit on the supporting cast because everyone fit their role well and I couldn't imagine anyone else playing them.

Click here for previous Theater Whore.

No comments: