Monday, April 24, 2017

Who Should Be Batgirl?


There has been a lot of talk recently about a Batgirl movie written and/or directed by Joss Whedon. He previously worked on the Marvel movies The Avengers and Age of Ultron as well as creating the series Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Dollhouse, Angel, and Agents Of SHIELD. I actually gave up on watching most of those shows. Everyone is all “He is so good at writing women characters! Girl power!” and all that shit. I get it. To me its more important who plays Batgirl. And stop saying Emma Stone just because she has red hair, you non-creative bastards. He hair is actually blonde by the way. She dyes it red.

For those that don't know, Batgirl has been played by many characters in the comics. Four that are known. She was created in 1961 an her name was Betty Kane but six years later returned played by Barbara Gordon which is the one most know her as. She was played by Alicia Silverstone in that terrible ass Batman & Robin movie in the 90's but we won't talk about that. Yvonne Craig played her in the 1967 series. After being paralyzed and likely sexually assaulted by The Joker in The Killing Joke she returned as the wheelchair bound Oracle helping Batman and everyone including her own team Birds Of Prey. Years later she was able to walk again.

In one of my last posts I asked who should play Doctor Strange and I'll be damned if one of my choices didn't get the part. Now I am gonna ask Who Should Be Batgirl? I am going to try and explain why these ladies should play Batgirl and some of their resume backing up my thoughts. Its not going to be because of their hair color. And before you ask they will all be White chicks. I'm not playing that game of trying to change folks races to make people happy or more modern. Commissioner Gordon ain't Black. I also hope its not connected with this new DC film stuff but if it is just ignore all her past and make something completely new with no references to the past except she is Gordon's daughter.

Chloƫ Grace Moretz


She is currently 20 years old and has been known to be able to handle fight scenes like in her movies Kick Ass and Kick Ass 2. She is pretty much Batgirl in those films. I was going to go with Abigail Breslin but she is far too...blessed at the moment to pull this off. Moretz can do action, comedy, and drama like in The Equalizer. At her age she is just right to play this character. I am tired of getting folks in their 30's playing young characters and in sequels looking their actual age. They could build three films about her before even touching the wheelchair stuff.

Hailee Steinfeld


She is the little girl from True Grit and was 13 when she starred in that. She was great. She is now 20 years old and 5 foot 8 and the right height and built while a 5 foot 4 inch Moertz might not come across as physically imposing. Unless they use lifts and camera tricks like they did with Tom Hardy as Bane. I have to admit I have seen none of the other movies that Steinfeld has done in the last seven years but can only ope that she has gotten better since she was a child. If they don't wanna make her Batgirl she would be a perfect Catwoman. Just saying.

Emma Roberts


Roberts (daughter of Eric Roberts and niece of Julia Roberts) is 26 years old and has been acting since she was 10 years old. Though she is 5 foot 2 she comes across as way taller than that. I was surprised to find out that she is only the height she is. I've seen her on a few series like American Horror Story and some films like Nerve. I like the look she has and could imagine her kicking ass as Batgirl with the right fight choreography. Though she is the oldest of this group I selected she has the most experience and star power by far.

Click here for previous Who Should Be?

No comments: