Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"Bad Ass Mofo": Eric Roberts


“You can't do that man. I mean you don't abuse 'em once in a while they'll shit all over you. I don't mean you walk around morning to night whackin' 'em upside the head like someone from the other side but you terrorize 'em once in a while just to keep 'em in line. Know what I mean?” Paulie Pope Of Greenwich Village

This weeks Bad Ass Mofo of the week is Eric Roberts. I’m sure some of you are asking yourself why him of all the actors on the planet. Gee, I don’t know. Maybe its because he’s one of the best actors in the goddamn universe! I first became a fan of Roberts when I was younger and saw one of my top ten favorite films of all time, Best Of The Best. Don’t judge me. Its about a ragtag American karate team heading to Korea and whipping some accented ass! Roberts was the heart of the team and there is a scene where it just breaks your heart watching him try to achieve his dream of reaching the Olympics. But don’t think he’s soft or else he’ll kick your face down your throat. Its totally possible.

He can look like this and still be more attractive than his more popular sister, Julia Roberts. Yes, this is her brother. Know who his daughter is? Emma Roberts. Oh, she’s hot. Sorry. He’s been in strange films like Spun. Action films like The Expendables. Cheese like Sharktopus. Series like The L Word and Heroes. Voice work on The Justice League. Between now and 2013 he has 21 films coming out! This guy is remarkable! With all of those credits I don’t want people to think that he cant do serious when he needs to. He’s done one of the best films ever made with another Bad Ass Mofo.

Roberts and Mickey Rourke starred together in The Pope Of Greenwich Village. There is a scene where he has his thumb removed…oh, shut up! I am not giving a fucking SPOILER ALERT! on a film that came out when I was 5 years old! Roberts plays a fuck up whose bad idea of stealing from the mob for a horse race ends up biting him in the ass. And by “the ass” I mean his thumb. The way he cries when he confronts his brother is so emotional that you’d swear that he actually lost his finger. He is one of the toughest guys on the planet but can still make you cry. Not me though. I’m barely human let alone emotional. Did I mention that Eric Roberts stared down Rambo, Drago, Jet Li, The Transporter, Terry Crews, and Randy Couture and didn’t blink? Bet you’d blink. With your asshole.

No comments: