Friday, October 14, 2011

"Bad Ass Mofo": Christopher Walken


“I'm going to give you an opportunity: Get out of this. Now. Before it gets so fucked up nobody could ever recover.” Charlie Barret Suicide Kings

Known for never turning down a movie role (this is not a joke he really doesn’t) the Bad Ass Mofo of the week Christopher Walken is one of the strangest, funniest, coolest, scariest, and talented actors to ever live. If you see him in True Romance he will scare the crap out of you. How about Pulp Fiction and that creepy ass monologue? And don’t get me started on his role as Gabriel in The Prophecy! He spends almost the entire film Suicide Kings tied to a chair but manages to be more deadly looking than the guys surrounding him holding weapons. He’s studied dancing and when he was younger was a lion tamer. Seriously, what can this guy not do? I saw him fly once.

Yeah, you thought I was lying, didn’t you?! That is him flying in the air without the aid of wires. If you ever see an intervew with him you get the sense that Walken is just enjoying life and his career. He doesn’t seem to stress out about picking the perfect roles. Honestly, he was in Joe Dirt and The Country Bears. His role in Romance & Cigarettes was great as was The Rundown. I mean, that film is pretty damned bad but he manages to be the best thing about it. He didn’t even have to wear makeup when he did The Legend Of Sleepy Hallow. That was him in his natural state!

There are a ton of comedians that do impersonations of Walken. No one else talks like him. You don’t have to see him and he can say one word and you go “Oh, that’s Christopher Walken…” He has been on Saturday Night Live so many times he has a reoccurring sketch called The Continental in which he invites a women over that you never see and doesn’t let her leave. He is also single handedly responsible for making the cowbell popular again and letting a whole new generation know who The Blue Oyster Cult is. They’re a great band by the way and you really should check them out.

This last picture is for the ladies. When I find pictures for these blogs and just add the word “young” to the end I am shocked by the stuff I see. A lot of these actors that look so bizarre were at one time very beautiful men. That sentence should probably be posted on my other blog. Here’s something he had to say about his looks in the past. “I used to be prettier than I am, but I think I look better now. I was a pretty boy. Particularly in my early movies. I don't like looking at them so much. There's a sort of pretty thing about me.” Pretty boy, indeed. And I'm kinda dark and kinda tall. Cocky so and so...

No comments: