Monday, May 14, 2012

Theater Whore: The Avengers


This was a big fucking movie. I mean seriously, what more can I ask for when it comes to a superhero movie? Damn, just everything that a fan of comic books and each of the main characters individual films (Thor, not so much…) can want in a movie is in The Avengers.


Admittedly, I was nervous about this movie when it was announced. As much as I like Joss Whedon I wasn’t sure if he’d be able to pull this off. Also the addition of Mark Ruffalo replacing Edward Norton made me upset. But I have to say I was shocked that each of these things made no damned difference. Hell, even Jeremy Renner couldn’t ruin this film its so powerful!


This movie is all about Loki wanting to get revenge. He uses this alien race that is supposed to wipe out Earth and he will rule whatever the hell is left. Using The Tesseract which was found in Captain America they will take the planet over since the thing never runs out of energy. S.H.I.E.L.D gets taken over by Loki and even Hawkeye who gets possessed. The building implodes and the bad guys get away.


Its hard to write about everything that happens in this movie so I’m gonna stop trying. There are a lot of people in this movie and each of them gets a great chunk of action. Watching the world and the military try to deal with the fact that gods and aliens exist.


The fight between Iron Man and Thor is so cool! Captain America shows up to break it up only after Thor smashes his hammer into Cap’s shield. The interaction between each of the characters is good. Tony Stark trying his best to get Banner to turn into Hulk. Captain America being nervous about this. When Black Widow is chased by Hulk I was like “Run, bitch, run!


As always with each of these Marvel films Agent Coulson is back and has a very important part. Even though this movie was great I was waiting for the point in the film where all hell broke loose. The thing is…that happened multiple times. When the Helicarrier gets fucked up I was waiting for even worse things to happen. Then when the aliens show up, it did.


Hulk’s interaction with the team is great. Iron Man fucking with everyone is great. Sam Jackson as Nick Fury is great. I mean, damn. I have no complaints about this film. My favorite scene has to be when Loki gets wrecked by Hulk. That scene had the entire theater laughing. See this movie. You probably have already. I took way longer than I wanted to...to see this.

No comments: