Monday, January 9, 2012

"Bad Ass Mofo": Tom Hardy


“I'm an actor, for fuck's sake. I'm an artist. I've played with anything and anyone.” Tom Hardy

I actually had to fight with myself to keep this weeks Bad Ass Mofo off the list. Tom Hardy is relatively young compared to guys that have been being awesome for years. Tom Hardy has managed to squeeze a whole lot of cool into a short amount of time so I kinda had to add him. Or he would hurt me. I’ve seen him do it even with one shoulder separated in Warrior. In this movie that many of you still haven’t seen you sons of bitches he is great. One thing about this guy, just like Gary Oldman, is that he looks different in almost every film. I’m not talking about haircuts or some nonsense which he has done. I’m talking about morphing into another fucking human being! In this and his other film Bronson he transformed himself into a BAM of epic proportions.

Though I had seen him in other films I didn’t really pay attention to who this guy was until I saw him in Inception. He played this smooth ass guy who even while skiing down hills and shooting people he didn’t do what I would, which is scream like a little girl high on helium trapped in a wind tunnel. Though I didn’t realize it he was in Layer Cake and Black Hawk Down. I’m gonna have to re-watch those and check. He was also in Rocknrolla as Handsome Bob. Oh, and Star Trek: Nemesis! He was fucking young Picard! Wait. He played the young Picard.

He is playing Bane in the new Dark Knight Rises film. You have no idea how excited I am to see this damned movie when it comes out. But there is a movie that I need to bring up. I want it to not be made even though filming has already been going for a minute now. This Means War with Reese Witherspoon and Chris Pines. I don’t mind Pine so much, but this sounds like the perfect movie for…I don’t know. Jake Gyllenhaal maybe? He’s not doing anything of substance anymore. Leave Hardy out of this! Or else he will break-uh ya back over his knee. Like-uh this!

This guy hopefully is gonna be one of the biggest actors for years to come. In his early to mid 20’s they say that he had a crack cocaine addiction. This is a note for any drug addicts out there: you will never be as good as this guy. He was still working during that time and is now one of the most sought after actors in the world. You are in your room picking scabs. Stop that and ask your parents to rent some really good films from this guy. You wont regret it and may get lost in his dreamy eyes. Seriously. He's already gotten past that awkward stage English people go through where they teeter on continuing to be a good looking guy or just weird. Perfect examples: Princes William and Harry. Harry turned out to be better looking than William when it should've been the other way around. Hardy drugged his way past that! This guy is amazing!

No comments: