Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Review: Be Cool and Mr. Nobody


Be Cool 5/10

I watched the movie Be Cool from 2005 because...reasons. I'm not even exactly sure why I watched it but I did. Guess what? Its not that good. Thankfully I was able to fast forward all of the parts where Christina Milian performed. I'm not sure how popular she was twelve years back but apparently it was enough to warrant quite a few songs from her. This stars John Travolta as a guy that worked in the mob at some point and trying to be a movie producer. There is also Uma Thurman, Cedric The Entertainer, Andre 3000, The Rock, Aerosmith...just a lot of folks. Its ridiculous.


In between all of that nonsense there are some very funny scenes with Vince Vaughn who is trying to keep Travolta from taking away Milian because he has her contract. I thought that I liked this movie years ago but I am pretty sure I was just confusing it with Get Shorty which came before this one did. I gave it a 5 out of 10 because Vaughn made me laugh. “Twinkle twinkle, baby. Twinkle twinkle.”

Mr. Nobody ?/10


I couldn't even finish this movie Mr. Nobody starring Jared Leto. I tried but just could not make myself sit through more than what I watched. It takes place in 2092 and a guy known as Nemo Nobody is the last mortal on Earth since everybody else has chosen to live forever through science. Through hypnosis and interviews he goes through his life and multiple choices he could have made and the ones he did make. I was almost 50 minutes in and was already checking out when I saw how much more time was left and said “Hell no!” I have other things I'd rather do and watch than force myself through a bad TV series or movie anymore. 

Click here for previous The Review

No comments: