Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Review: Iron Man


Iron Man 9/10

I had not watched this movie in years. I remember liking it, watched it maybe two more times, then moved on to the other shit ton of Marvel movies that have come out. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie more now than I could recall. I mean, I knew I liked it and it launched all the other movies. This came out in 2008 and the effects still look good. Its funny that not even ten years later that I can make a comment like that but CGI changes so damned fast now that even The Matrix is laughable when you watch it today. Bullet time my ass. They do that in candy commercials now.


This is about Tony Stark played by Robert Downey Jr. and how he turned from a rich, asshole, playboy into a rich, asshole, playboy with heart issues and a super suit. Watching this made me realize how much the character has grown over the Avengers, Age Of Ultron, and Captain America: Civil War films. I wont talk about Iron Man 2 or Iron Man 3. God, I don't understand what went so wrong with those films. 2 had some cool parts but I wouldn't watch it again. 3 just pissed me right the fuck off. God, I hated that movie. I wasn't rating movies back then but I would have given it an Ass/10.


This movie had a good balance of everything that I enjoy about superhero movies. Gwenyth Paltrow didn't even bother me that much in this. If they did another Iron Man movie without the Avengers and did it in the same tone as this one it'd be cool as hell.

Click here for previous The Review

No comments: