Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Review: Luther Season 4


Luther 8/10

I finally got around to watching Series 4 of the BBC show Luther starring Idris Elba. Again, a great example of something being less is more for a TV show. The previous seasons had four episodes but this one had just two of them. To me there has not been a single wasted moment in this series and this was no exception. Considering there were just two episodes that would have been terrible. This continues after the previous season where Luther has left the police force and something happens that upset the shit out of me at the start of the episode. I won't say what but, damn it. I hope its not true. This is the type of show that I can't picture anyone else doing and when I heard there was an American remake possible I just rolled my eyes so hard I fell down.


Luther is asked to help out on a series of murders by this super creepy ass guy. That is one thing this show does very well. The writers know how to make creep. Knowing what this is doing to his victims, getting them on many personal levels before killing them is super sketch. With the loss of his former partner they managed to have a cast that can pick up the slack and provide Luther with someone to bounce off of with Darren Boyd and Rose Leslie. There is so much I want to talk about with this but I don't want to spoil it for anyone that has a chance to check it out.

Click here for previous The Review

No comments: