Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Fantastic Four Needs Another Reboot


I have seen all of the Fantastic Four movies. The Roger Corman one, the terrible ones with Captain America as The Human Torch, and the latest one starring Creed and Whiplash. Out of all of them the Corman one is the closest in tone to what I'd expect from a FF movie. Yeah, I know there's a rubber arm waving at the end which is funny no matter how many times I see it but its still a better movie than the others. Strange considering it was made on a budget of $1 million while the others were $100 million, $130 million, and $120 million respectively.


One of the screenwriters for the last FF movie that has been trashed by everyone but I liked more than most recently talked about making a sequel for it. “We didn't make a good movie, and the world voted, and I think they probably voted correctly. And you can't make a good movie every time out--not everybody does. We actually have a pretty good batting average, all things considered. But I think we made many mistakes when we made that movie--mistakes that we learned from and we wouldn't repeat” Simon Kinberg said in an interview.


Folks get mad at the ideas of reboots. Not me when it is done right. I would rather them have stopped at that first Amazing Spiderman and start from scratch than that terrible sequel they did. I am praying that Wolverine gets a reboot. I do not want a sequel for the latest FF. I want it started from scratch with a whole new cast. And guess what? No Black Human Torch. Dylan McDermott as Reed Richards. Michelle Williams as Sue Storm. Dave Franco as Johnny Storm. Jesse Plemons as Ben Grimm.


I wanted a cast that was in their late 20's and up. You may or may not know these names but I do and that's all that matters because its my blog. Even though I'm not a massive fan of these characters I know that there is a lot of potential for it to be a good movie. I wasn't excited about Iron Man or Cap before those came out. If they manage to make a great FF movie I'll be happy. 

No comments: