Friday, May 20, 2016

The Review: Maggie


Maggie 6/10

You remember that scene in Shaun Of The Dead where Shaun's mom turns into a zombie and he is struggling to kill her because she is his mom and he loves her and all that? Imagine an entire movie based off that one emotion and you'll have Maggie. This movie was far better than I was expecting it to be and continues with these Arnold Schwarzenegger films that end up good with no attention like The Last Stand. I never saw any trailers for this but saw the cover art plenty of times online and Amazon with no desire to check it out. But randomly while ironing I decided to. I'm glad that I did.


This is the story of a father Wade played by Arnold having to deal with the fact that his daughter Maggie played by Abigail Breslin is infected with a virus that is turning her into a cannibal. It is called the necroambulist virus and will pretty much make her a zombie. She got in while visiting the city she gets bitten by an infected person. Wade is told that she should be quarantined but he chooses to bring her home to her aunt. The aunt is like “Bullshit!” and sends her two kids away. Maggie can either be euthanized with a painful injection or Wade can take her out himself.


This movie was good and I would have given it a higher rating if everyone wasn't acting so damned spooky. As Mr. White in Reservoir Dogs said “We're already freaked out. We need you acting freaky like we need a fuckin' bag on our hip!” If I know you got zombie juice in you and I call your name and you don't answer or you start acting weirder than your average teenager I'm gonna put hot lead in your ass. I don't like spooky behavior. This movie doesn't make the act of zombie killing so clear cut because it is so damned human. Check it out if you get the chance.

Click here for previous The Review

No comments: