Monday, September 10, 2012

"Bad Ass Mofo": Idris Elba


This weeks Bad Ass Mofo is one of those actors that come along once in a while that every man wants to be. He may be the nicest man alive in reality but in movies and TV shows he is a damned beast! I was watching the second season of Luther and I forgot what it was like to wait for him to lose his shit. He was born Idrissa Akuna Elba and an only child but still managed to turn out awesome. He’s did everything from tire fitting to working as a DJ, which he still does. Born in Hackney, London, England, you wouldn’t know it from some of his roles like that of Stringer Bell on The Wire.

Someone's about to get extra body holes.

It would be really easy to hate a guy that is talented, handsome, and funny. Yeah, we all want it and hate when others have it. But he seems like such a cool guy you cant hate him. I had no idea but he was this one dude I remember from an episode of Ab-Fab where during an orgy he sprayed his tongue with stiffening spray and it wouldn’t go back in his mouth. Other shows included like I mentioned The Wire, The Big C, The Office, and Luther which he won a Golden Globe for.

"I'm sorry. Was that your wife?"

Elba has started appearing in more films the past few years. I didn’t even realize he was the dude that got shot in broad daylight in American Gangster! Lately he has been in Prometheus where, honestly, he was the best thing about that film. He was in The Losers, Ghost Rider where he earned honorary BAM status for surviving Nic Cage, and he was the magical bouncer Heimdall in Thor. Yeah, good luck getting past that velvet rope.

He actually makes this scary.

With multiple films coming out soon, video game voice work, television, and just walking around making every woman who sees him want to leave their husbands immediately. Seriously, how can you compete with this guy? And he’s only forty years old so he has plenty of time to take your woman. And I couldn’t get mad if it happened. If I came home and my girl was in bed with him I’d just have to sigh and say “You couldn’t help it. I know. No. Don’t say anything. Its fine. Idris…leave some of her for me.”

Nope.

Click here for previous Bad Ass Mofos.

2 comments:

Hoozle said...

For my money, hottest guy in the world right now.

Dante said...

Millions of other women would agree with you. I wish I could grow thick facial hair like him.