Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Neo-Nerd Rage: Robocop


Oh, they done pissed off the nerds! New images of the upcoming Robocop costume have been released and folks are upset with the new look to which I say, shut it. The new costume looks bad ass. And I’m sure that most of the people bitching didn’t even grow up with Robocop. It was something your dad watched. I grew up watching the films and the cartoon. Oh, you didn’t know there was a cartoon? Get out of my face with your nonsense.

When I saw the new look the first thing I said was “That looks pretty badass!” Some are saying it looks like Batman and I will assume they are the same kind of people that think all Black people look alike. Most of these complaints are from who I will refer to as Neo-Nerds. These are the ones that go berserk when they hear about a new Wonder Woman series but only watched the original on TV Land. Complain about Chris Pine as Captain Kirk but were born 30 years after the original show aired. Wearing their Ramones shirts because of how they looked and not acknowledging that they were a terrible band.

Beep bop derp.

The new Robocop looks like he could actually catch you when compared to the old one. When I was a kid and imitated him I would move slow as hell, turn as if I were falling apart, and talk slowly. If you really wanted to get away from him all’s you have to do is get around a corner at a brisk pace.

I'm not resisting arrest! I'm not resisting arrest!

Updated version would bust your ass! Look at how sleek the design is. Yes, he has one human hand but I’ll assume that’s because this was taken on set and drinking from a cup with regular ass hands is easier. If this stepped out of a cop car I would surrender immediately. Did I mention that Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, and Hugh Laurie are in the movie?

4 comments:

KJ said...

'Sedated' by The Ramones is the only song of theirs I like. It might not be even called that.

Also ... Hugh Laurie!? YES! Wondered what he was up to since House finished.

Dante said...

There is a huge debate raging on my Facebook page about this blog post. I'm gonna check with my friends and see if I can reprint their comments. Its fucking nuts.

Hoozle said...

I dunno, it doesn't look robotty enough to be RoboCop. Not that I actually care, I have to admit. Wasn't there a RoboCop TV series too?

KJ said...

Yes, there was a series. There was also a Robocop vs Terminator videogame for Sega Megadrive which was ridiculously bloody for its time. And tons of big guns of course.